Let us be your guide so you can be the explorer!
Explore different cultures and meet local people in the Community of Mondesa with your local, personal tour guide, get to know Namibia better, learn about the different tribes in Namibia from Ovambo, Damara, Herero and the Ovahimba people.
Nande is a local tour guide from the Township of Mondesa in Swakopmund, where he grew up. He started his career as a tour guide 15 years ago while still in school. He will enable you to explore the Township through his Guided Township Tour Experience. You will get a unique chance to visit homes, try local traditional food at a family home and get a glimpse of the daily life in the township.
- Pick you up at your accommodation
- Visit Open Market in the township
- Walk in the streets of Mondesa, while taking pictures of kids and houses
- Visit schools and Kindergarden
- Visit community arts and craft projects
- Learn the click language from the Damara tribe
- Experience a local meal prepared at a family home
- End your tour with a live performance by a local choir from the Township
Don’t forget to bring your camera, sweets and any sort of stationaries for the kids!
Duration of Tour: 3 Hours
Morning Tours Departure at: 10h30 to 13h30
Afternoon Tours Departure at: 15h30 to 18h30
Minimum 2 persons maximum 50 Pax
Giving back to our community:
25% of your payments benefit the community, for the home visit and the Mondesa School project foundation
- Swakopmund City Walking Tours or Cycling Township Tours
- Himba Township Visit
- Township Church Visit (Sundays only), pick up 8h45 with traditional lunch included
- Home Cooking Experience with local family
- Tours to cape cross
- Dune7 and Flamingos Walvisbay
- Shuttle services-airport
Exploring the heart and soul of Namibia with your local guide, you are able to get to know the true African Authentic Hospitality