Let Us Be Your Guide So You Can Be The Explorer
Our Explorer Cultural Township Tours are all about the people. To truly experience the warmth, friendliness and humanity of township residents of Mondesa, you have to walk its streets. Hear the children at play, smell the sidewalk barbecues, taste l...
Nande Junias is now the owner of Nande Junias Explorer Tours.to get an-in-depth exploration in the Township of Mondesa and Swakopmund". Learn about the different tribes in and cultures of Namibia from the Ovambo, Damara Herero to the Ovahimba People.Nande Junias Explorer Tours got in the Finalis...Read More
Local home cooked traditional food at Explorer Cultural Township Tours
Nande Junias Explorer Cultural Township Tours are all about the people: “To truly experience the warmth, friendliness and humanity of township residents of Mondesa, you have to walk its streets. Hear the children at play, smell the sidewalk barbecues, taste locally brewed beer and local food, le...Read More
My wider, long-term aim is to offer support to the community in areas where they need it…whether it’s meals for school children, assistance for the elderly and disabled, or tools to enable women to begin their own businesses. It’s a long road ahead, but Nande isn’t deterred by that – the passion ...Read More
Best Tours in Swakopmund After a quick introduction of Swakopmund- we visit the The Swakopmund old railway station and changed to a 4 star hotel and casino in 1994,after we visit the Kristalle Galarie to view all the gemstones that are being mined in Namibia
The German Marine Memorial and Lightho...
Swakopmund Historical City Walking Tour –with Nande Junias Explorer Tours
The coast has always held a strong attraction for visitors, who are drawn to the sea and it's wonderful views at the edge of this part of the Namib Desert. Remnants of German and English colonial history can still b...
The 2018 ARTA longlist
Abang Africa Travel (South Africa) @AbangAfrica
All Out Africa (Swaziland) @alloutafrica
Basecamp Explorer Kenya (Kenya) @basecampexplore
Cape Whale Coast (South Africa) @WhaleCoastSA
Coffeebeans Routes (South Africa) @coffeebeansrout
Elundini Backpackers (South Africa) @el...
- pauline cVery good experience! This tour is a way to learn a bit more about what Namibia is for real, behind the parcs and the animals. You’ll experience the local culture and you’ll probably enjoy it! Definitely a thing to do in Swakopmund!
- Marco MVery unique experience lead by a member of the township itself. Definitely worthwhile!
- tumzo jNande Junias is the Best young tour guide had an amazing safe tour with him
Let us be your guide so you can be the explorer!
Explore different cultures and meet local people in the Community of Mondesa with your local, personal tour guide, get to know Namibia better, learn about the different tribes in Namibia from Ovambo, Damara, Herero and the Ovahimba people.
Nande is a local tour guide from the Township of Mondesa in Swakopmund, where he grew up. He started his career as a tour guide 15 years ago while still in school. He will enable you to explore the Township through his Guided Township Tour Experience. You will get a unique chance to visit homes, try local traditional food at a family home and get a glimpse of the daily life in the township.
- Pick you up at your accommodation
- Visit Open Market in the township
- Walk in the streets of Mondesa, while taking pictures of kids and houses
- Visit schools and Kindergarden
- Visit community arts and craft projects
- Learn the click language from the Damara tribe
- Experience a local meal prepared at a family home
- End your tour with a live performance by a local choir from the Township
Don’t forget to bring your camera, sweets and any sort of stationaries for the kids!
Duration of Tour: 3 Hours
Morning Tours Departure at: 10h30 to 13h30
Afternoon Tours Departure at: 15h30 to 18h30
Minimum 2 persons maximum 50 Pax
Giving back to our community:
25% of your payments benefit the community, for the home visit and the Mondesa School project foundation
- Swakopmund City Walking Tours or Cycling Township Tours
- Himba Township Visit
- Township Church Visit (Sundays only), pick up 8h45 with traditional lunch included
- Home Cooking Experience with local family
- Tours to cape cross
- Dune7 and Flamingos Walvisbay
- Shuttle services-airport
Exploring the heart and soul of Namibia with your local guide, you are able to get to know the true African Authentic Hospitality